DIAMONDLEASE offers Dubai Airport car rental facilities which are ideal for tourists and business travelers. We ensure that you get a vehicle of your choice at the most competitive rate, and for your convenience we have a simple online reservation & payment facility for you to book and collect your vehicle through our nationwide network of 13 branches.
Renting from DIAMONDLEASE ensures the:
The driver must possess a valid UAE Driving License that is more than 6 months old (in case less than 6 months old, the driver must possess a license from his country of origin that is more than 1 year old), or, in case of visit visa an International Driving License accompanied by his/her local driving license from the place of origin that is more than 1 year old. The minimum age of the driver should be 23 years.
Traffic safety rules require children under a certain age to be secured in Child Seats. Availability of Child Seats cannot always be guaranteed. Diamondlease will make available child seats (subject to availability) if you place your request at the time of vehicle reservation.
The Collision Damage Waiver, or CDW, is optional collision coverage available to customers for an extra fee. It also reduces/eliminates the Insurance Excess payable, regardless of fault, provided the vehicle is used in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of the Rental Agreement.
The Personal Accident Insurance, or PAI, offers Accidental Death, Permanent Total Disability, and Permanent Partial Disability caused by bodily injury to Diamondlease renters and their passengers as per the seating capacity of the rented vehicle. Kindly enquire at your nearest rental location for more information on coverage limits and details.
Terms and conditions of Rental Agreement
1. To keep the vehicle fully covered by comprehensive insurance third party liabilities in respect of death and bodily injury. Owner shall have the option to decline or accept PAI and CDW at extra cost. The insurance policy does not cover acts of Sabotage, Terrorism, flood, storm, hurricane, volcanic eruption, earth quake or other convulsions of nature, invasion act of foreign enemies, hostilities or warlike operations whether war be declared or not civil war, strike, riot, civil commotion mutiny, rebellion, revolution insurrection military or usurped power, confiscation or nationalization. Reckless and drunken driving (under the influence of alcohol and any other substance).
2. To carry out routine maintenance, servicing and repairs (including normal tyre wear but excluding tyre puncture and damages) resulting from normal wear and tear.
3. To arrange for registration of the vehicle.
4. To provide a replacement vehicle during maintenance and service of the leased vehicle. Replacement will be subject to availability and not exceed a small saloon, unless specified in the Rental Agreement. In case of accident, replacement vehicle will be provided only after original Police Report and Repair slip acceptable to the insurance are submitted to the owner.
1. To pay lease rental (calculated on 24 hour basis), without prior demand, in advance or within prior approved credit period.
2. To pay for excessive usage beyond 350 kms/day on Daily Rental, 250 kms/day on Weekly Rental, 4000 kms/month on Monthly/Lease rental for passenger cars and 5000 kms/month on Monthly/Lease rental for commercial vehicles. AED 0.20 to AED 1.00 per km (depending on the type of vehicle). (Applicable for Lease Contracts only).
3. To pay for delivery or collection @AED 100/- in Dubai, AED 150/- in Sharjah/Ajman and AED 250/- for all other Emirates. An additional amount of AED 100/- will be charged for delivery or collection on Fridays and Public holidays. Airport surcharge of AED 50/- will be charged for vehicles off-hired at the airport.
4. To accept and pay for all fine, road tolls, toad taxed and expenses incurred through violation of traffic, municipality and local laws. Owner reserves the right to charge these to the Hirer’s account of Hirer’s credit card or transfer to the driving license without prior approval irrespective of delay and with no preset time limit.
5. To keep an amount of AED 1000/- for RAC’s and one month rental for MRAs and LES as traffic fine deposit during the rental period and for a period of 40 days, from the date of return of the vehicle.
6. To pay for THE KNOWLEDGE DIRHAM, TRAFFINCE FINE, TOLL CHARGES, and or any surcharge imposed by the Traffic Department, Municipality, RTA or any other authority and 10% (of the fine amount, knowledge dirham and or surcharge fee), 10%/25% of the toll charges not later than 3 days from date of intimation. Hirer also agress to pay AED 50 per fine, per day if the same is not reimbursed to Owner within 3 days To pay for any loss, damage, rent legal and service charges for the period the vehicle is impounded or taken over by the Traffic department, police, Municipality, RTA or any other Authority, for any offence committed by the Hirer.
7. To bring the vehicle for routine service/repair within the service due kms and for renewal or registration including the replacement vehicle will be to the account of the Hirer.
8. To pay in advance an amount of AED 100/ per month for additional driver (other than the Hirer) in case of Monthly Rental, AED 25 per agreement in case of Daily Rental and AED 50 per agreement in case of Weekly Rental. The name of the additional driver must be registered in the Rental Agreement. The Hirer undertakes to bear all accident repair charges in case the vehicle meets with an accident and the driver is not registered in the Rental Agreement, even if the Hirer has taken CDW in advance and has obtained a police.
9. To ensure all drivers driving the vehicle hold a valid UAE driving license that is more than 6 months old (in case of less than 6 months old, the driver must additionally possess a license from his/her country of origin that is more than 1 year old). In case of visit/tourist/transit visa, the driver must possess an International driving license along with a local driving license from the country of origin (more than 1 year old). Noncompliance with the above will attract additional liability of 10% of the total damage cost on ‘own vehicle’ in case of accidents due to the driver’s fault 9including hit and run cases).
10. Not to allow the vehicle to be driver by a driver whose name is not in the Rental Agreement or by a driver who is less than 25 years of age. Noncompliance with the age limit of the driver will attract additional liability of 10% of the total damage cost on ‘own vehicle’ in case of accidents due to the driver’s fault (including hit and run cases).
11. To inform the owner immediately in the event of an accident and obtain a police report and repair slip acceptable to the insurance company to process the insurance claim and shall bear AED 1000 (passenger vehicle)/AED 1500 (commercial vehicle) out of the total indemnity (unless CDW is accepted in advance and paid, reducing the insurance excess to AED 250/500). The insurance excess is payable in all cases where the accident is due to the fault of the driver or where the third party is not identified and responsible. CDW (with insurance excess of AED 350/500) will be valid only against a police report and repair slip acceptable to the insurance company. In case, due to any reason, it is not possible to obtain the police report to make an insurance claim, Hirer will pay for all costs of repair to the vehicle, third party damage including, but not limited to the less of use. As per UAE laws, an accident vehicle is not be removed from the place of accident unless police has inspected the vehicle, the Hirer will pay cost of transporting the accident vehicle to the workshop or police yard in the concerned Emirate and later to the workshop.
12. To ensure all fluid levels (oil, water fluids etc.) and tyre pressures are maintained to the levels specified and accept financial liability for any damage from use of the vehicle below the specified required levels.
13. Not to sub-let or give possession of the vehicle to third party and us e the vehicle for illegal, criminal or for any purpose other than for those the vehicle is intended for. Insurance is not covered in case the vehicle is used for these activities.
14. Not to use the vehicle for hire, rallying, racing, any type of off road application (including desert fun drives etc.), driving through pool of water, overloading or exceeding the number of passengers for which the vehicle is licensed and as mentioned in the registration card. Insurance does not cover for any damages or losses in case the vehicle is used for these activities.
15. Not to take the vehicles outside UAE territories.
16. To return the vehicle on due date in condition in which it was handed over including interior and exterior cleaned. In case of any damages, the Hirer agrees to pay for the repair as per the estimate of the Owner and the rental of the vehicle until the same is repaired.
17. To pay as below if the hired vehicle is returned before the agreed expiry date of the agreement. Weekly/Daily rates as applicable for Monthly/Lease agreements if the vehicle is returned in the first month of hire. Daily rates are applicable for Weekly agreements if the vehicle is returned in the first week of hire. The Hirer will also be responsible to pay the early termination charges.
18. To pay for usage of Owner’s fuel at 1½ times the prevailing market price and cleaning cost of AED 50/- for exterior and AED 150/- for under body and AED 250/- for interior.
19. To ensure that no unauthorized person repairs or carry out modification on the vehicle without prior written approval of the Owner (including application of film, advertisement stickers, fixing of tow hooks etc.). The Hirer will be responsible for any taxes, levies, penalties, fines or charges these changes will attract from the different authorities of the country.
20. To compensate the owner for all losses including loss of profit due to failure to comply with any of the terms of this agreement.
21. To accept all liabilities, and hold the owner harmless, for use of the vehicle on hire and under possession of the Hirer.
Early Termination and Vehicle Re-possession
1. Owner shall have the option to terminate the contract, take possession of the vehicle and charge early termination fees in case the Hirer misuses the vehicle for illegal or criminal activities, makes frequent accidents, frequent traffic fines, not pay the rental charges or any other amount due to the owner beyond 7 days from the due date.
2. For early termination by the Hirer or the Owner, due to any reason, Hirer agrees to compensate the Owner an amount equal to 90 days rental in case of 3 year lease, 60 days rental in case of 2 years lease, 30 days rental in case of 1 year lease and 60% of the monthly rental in case of 6 months lease unless mutually agreed in writing in advance at the time of initial hire of the vehicle.
3. UAE laws shall govern this agreement.
No Cash Payments will be accepted
The Traffic system in UAE is designed for Left Hand Drive Vehicles.
The speed limit on highways varies between 100 to 120 kmph. Interior roads carry speed limits of 40, 60 & 80 kmph.
A safe travelling distance of 5 meters needs to be maintained between cars, when travelling at 80 kmph or higher
All highways & some interior roads are controlled by speed radars
Jumping of traffic signal & driving on hard shoulder are considered major traffic offences, and attract heavy fines (including imprisonment & impounding of vehicle).
It is compulsory for all front occupants in a vehicle to wear safety belt.
Children below the age of 12 years are not allowed to occupy the front seats.
Use of cellphone (without hands-free) while driving is a offence liable for being fined.
Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs is strictly prohibited.
Round-abouts are prevalent across the UAE. While negotiating the round-about, give way to traffic approaching from the left.
Most public parkings especially in Dubai & Sharjah are designated paid parkings.
In case of an accident it is mandatory to call the police and obtain a Police Report.
Under a new mandate issued by the Dubai Police in partnership with the Road & Transport Authority (RTA) – every Dubai registered vehicle, both rented and leased, now requires a VMD (Vehicle Monitoring Device) installed in it. The new legislation is compulsory and each device will be registered with the Dubai Police database. This applies to all Car Rental Companies in the UAE.
This government legislation is to help maintain National Security in the UAE. Additional VMD charges will apply